Service is at the heart of what we do at Woodland Tax Service, LLC. This is reflected in our vision and mission statements, as well as our core values and beliefs.
Due to the complexity of tax laws and dealing with government, people require the assistance of a taxpayer advocate to successfully deal with tax and business matters at all levels of government.
We provide government advocacy services to taxpayers in the areas of tax compliance, representation and resolution.
Core Values and Beliefs
- We always conduct our business in a ethical, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe every taxpayer deserves professional care and representation.
- We will work with clients on a personal level to understand their needs and match our expertise with those needs to achieve the best possible results.
- We provide exceptional timely customer service tailored to the unique needs of each client and their situation.
- We are heads-up players, continually striving to present our clients’ positions in the best and fairest manner possible.
- We will continually renew our technical skills in a collaborative manner through continued education and sharing of best practices with peer organizations.
- We will offer our professional services at a fair price, without compromising personal attention.
- We believe in giving back to our community and actively do this through volunteer work with local non-profits and community events.
Woodland is a Tulsa, Oklahoma tax and accounting service that was founded by Paul Hardy, CPA CGMA in 2015. Paul has over thirty five years of professional accounting and tax experience, working in corporate environments and as an independent tax preparer and advocate for individuals and industry. During his corporate years, Paul worked in many areas of tax, and financial accounting and reporting. As a financial professional, Paul found many ways to accomplish goals more effectively and efficiently, saving his companies thousands of hours and dollars of manpower. As a corporate tax professional, Paul negotiated with state and local governments and won fairer ad valorem taxable values for energy properties that resulted in millions of dollars of annual tax savings. And as a personal tax professional working for eleven years pro bono for Community Action Project of Tulsa County, Paul helped keep thousands of dollars of tax preparation fees in the pockets of low-income Tulsa families while helping them fill those same pockets with over a million dollars in tax refunds.
At Woodland, Paul continues his mission of helping others navigate the complexities of income tax laws and regulations so that taxpayers might receive fair treatment and pay the minimum tax possible under the law. Paul also continues to offer property tax services exclusively through an agreement with Cost Containment Advisors, a national firm which creates value for clients by reducing property taxes and minimizing risk avoidance. As a director and senior consultant with CCA, he continues to save millions of dollars of tax each year through his service to large industrial energy clients for ad valorem tax matters and tax incentives.
Paul has served the Tulsa community in many capacities with many organizations and agencies over the years. Today, Paul continues to serve the Tulsa community as a volunteer for several causes. He works with Tulsa Area United Way as Co-Chair of a community investment panel, where annual grant requests from member agencies are reviewed. He is a current volunteer with Junior Achievement of Oklahoma, where he has taught dozens of elementary school classes in financial literacy over thirty four years and continues to perform their annual confirmation audits pro bono. JA honored Paul as statewide 2011 Volunteer of the Year for Oklahoma, an honor of which he is very proud. Paul and his wife, Anita, who is Performing Arts Center Coordinator with Jenks High School, also serve their church as small group leaders. They get to work with junior high kids and also serve as nursery volunteers. Giving back to the community has always been something that is important to Paul and generations of his family. Paul and Anita have five children, four beautiful and talented grandchildren, and live their dreams in Tulsa.
Paul’s Professional Affiliations
- Certified Public Accountant – Oklahoma
- Chartered Global Management Accountant – AICPA
- Oklahoma Society of Accountants
- Former Associate Member – Institute of Professionals in Taxation
- Oklahoma Association of Tax Representatives
- Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium
- Oklahoma Wesleyan University, MBA (High Honors)
- The University of Tulsa, BSBA with Accounting Emphasis
- Taxspeaker – 1040 and Business Tax, Tax Resolution, Social Security Courses
- Institute of Professionals in Taxation – Real and Personal Property Taxation Courses
- Wichita State University – Tegarden Public Utility Basic Appraisal Course
- Wichita State University – Appraisal for Ad Valorem Taxation